All Aboard Delaware's Time Machine! The Wilmington & Western Railroad is one of the most historic and scenic railroads in the Eastern United States. The railroad offers nostalgic trips back in time where you can ride on vintage trains behind historic locomotives. Experience the golden age of railroading as you chug across spectacular bridges, clickety-clack through lush, tall forests, wind through narrow rock cuts and whistle past historic homes in the beautiful valley of the Red Clay Creek. Recognized as Delaware's Operating Railroad Museum.
Special Railroading Adventures are available for railroaders of all ages. Whether you want to explore history, celebrate holidays, wine & dine or just have fun. The Wilmington & Western Railroad has just the event for you!
* 1 1/2 and 2 1/2 hour excursions
* Have your child's birthday party on a caboose
* Meet the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus
* Enjoy a Fall foliage tour
* Enjoy a picnic lunch
* Dine aboard our train for a meal to remember
* Explore the geology of the Red Clay Creek Valley on the Piedmont Prospector